Someone with a ‘dual diagnosis’ has a mental health condition (such as schizophrenia, bipolar affective disorder, stress, anxiety & depression) alongside a substance dependency (alcohol, street drugs or prescribed medication).
Both problems combine to have a significantly damaging effect upon a person’s life; each condition has symptoms that interfere with a person’s ability to function, self-perception and form relationships with others.
People with a dual diagnosis can often experience other non-medical difficulties: these may include social, legal, housing, welfare and lifestyle matters, which healthcare services can’t always provide support with.
The team currently offers:
• 1:1 support/therapy for mental health and addictions.
• Auricular Acupuncture.
• Mindfulness-based Cognitive Therapy: 8 weeks course.
• Mindfulness-based Relapse Prevention: 8 weeks course (addictions).
• Mindfulness-based Stress Reduction: 8 weeks course (stress/anxiety).
• The PTSD programme, incorporating EMDR, ACT, CFT and reconsolidation.
• Reversing the Spiral (RTS): A transitional lifestyle change programme.
The team works alongside other mental health, drug/alcohol counselling and related services to provide a more all-around support to those living in supported housing and the community within the Waveney area.
As a direct-access service, the Team welcomes self-referrals (in addition to those made by referring agencies). Referral forms can be requested by telephone (01502) 527214 or via email at email@example.com.